1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7-6 Power V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Moose's Mowing, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

thinking of getting rid of my Meyers setup and going with a Boss V. I found a 7-6 V plow for a decent price. Set up for my model truck as well. The ad says everythings included, but I doubt it.

Couple questions. Is 7-6 in a V too small for a Chevy 2500? I do mainly residentials but I'd also use it occasionally for open lots. My current Meyers is 7-6 and the size is ok, I just hate it. My concern would be that this blade would be too skinny in V mode. In reality, I'd rarely use the V position as we don't get real deep snow here. The scoop function would be a benefit to me however.

Questions #2: The control that comes with this set up is 3 rocker switches. I don't think I'd like that too much. I used a Boss V years ago with a single 4 position joystick with a rocker switch for up/down on the stick. Would something like this interchange with the included wiring harness?

Anything to say good or bad about the Boss 7-6 power V?

Thanks

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Too small for your truck. If it's like my V, it's even more narrow in scoop mode than it is in V mode, and it will be more narrow than your tires.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Good plow,just to small

4. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

crapola.....I figured it would be too small. I guess that's why this guy is selling it. Thanks for the info gentleman.