1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7. 6 HT or SD

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by KEC Maintaince, Oct 14, 2011.

1. KEC Maintaince

KEC Maintaince Senior Member
    from N.J.

i just purchased a 2010 Gmc Canyon Crew Cab SLT 5.3 8 cylinder.
    i only do resi so i have narrowed it down to one of these 2 plows
    looking for info on these 2 plows yes i tried search and it gives info but not enuff
    would like pros and cons to both plows please
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

SD is a heavier built plow, it has more ribs, longer angle rams, it is faster since it will come with the insta act pump. But it does weight around #70 more. Also should be about $400-600 more than the HT. The A frame is stronger on the SD. The only thing the two share is the push plates and wiring, everything else is different.
    The extra weight of the SD should help with back dragging also.
    Hope this helps.
  3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Sd for sure.
  4. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Have installed quite a few of both,when the SD is an option i always push for it,your getting way more plow for minimal weight,that and the jack system on the HT is a friggin joke.
    I would have to disagree with the backdragging statement though as the HT has the Scrape lock feature and actually cleans nice.
  6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have said this many times, the SD is alot more rugged than the HT. The Fisher dealer toled me the "the HT is junk." I have never used an HT but, it looks realy light duty. The SD is real rugged for what it weighs. Last Winter I plowed a road acrost a 1/4 mile pasture and the plow held up great. SD hands down for me.
  7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I've heard nothing but good things about the SD plows.The headgear sits way to low on the HT compared to the SD plows.
  8. ranger4327

ranger4327 Member
    from 04747

anyone know who sells/installs Fisher Plows in the Bangor, Millinocket, or Lincoln areas? I only found one in Bangor and NONE in the other two towns?
  9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You should ask that question in this forum - http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=97498&page=210 you can get an answer there for sure.
  10. ranger4327

ranger4327 Member
    from 04747

thanks. didnt know that existed. sorry for jumping in on this one !!!