1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.6 Boss Plow on an 05 Sierra 2500hd

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by YoungsLawn, Aug 3, 2011.

1. YoungsLawn

YoungsLawn Junior Member
    from sw ohio

I have the opportunity to buy a 7"6 Boss plow. It was mounted on a ford before and my question is, will the wiring harness from that ford work on my gmc? I read somewhere on here that the wiring was universal? Any help would be appriciated.

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

The harness for the plow part will work with no problems. However the light part of the harness will not switch over directly from a Ford to a GM product. You will also need a different truck side mount.

3. YoungsLawn

YoungsLawn Junior Member
    from sw ohio

So I'll have to get an adaptor for the lights? I've read on here about an adaptor (MSC04601) that I can get from gm that will work. I've already bought the mount. And will it be connectors that just go in between the existing wiring or will I have to spice?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Of course you'll need to splice the park and turn wires in like on any install but all you need are the MSC04601 headlamp adapters and you're good to go on the wiring. They simply plug inline to the main plow and truck headlamp harness with no splicing. Just be sure you follow the instructions on their orientation very carefully or you'll be back here asking why the headlamps don't work as they can be connected more than one way.

5. YoungsLawn

YoungsLawn Junior Member
    from sw ohio

I got the plow. Just havent gotten the wiring or mount installed. My truck has the (snow plow prep package) and with that it has a button/switch on the dash for plow lights. Know anything about this and how this works?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Congrats on the purchase.

The dash lamp button is for a roof mounted beacon if you choose to equip, has nothing to do with the actual plow. :salute:

7. YoungsLawn

YoungsLawn Junior Member
    from sw ohio

I got the mount installed. I've decided to take the truck to a pro-installer to install the wiring. I think I'll be better off letting someone who does that sort of thing everyday do it. I don't want to be having shorts and such. But thank you all for your help! Much appreciated.