1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7' 6" 24D series Snoway with downpressure

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by TPVILL, Sep 16, 2007.

1. TPVILL

TPVILL Junior Member

I recently purchased an 07 GMC (new frame and Body style) and am finding out that I would have to not only buy new subframe and wiring harness, but modify a perfectly good plow to make it work. After using this plow for over 6 years, I wouldn't own anything else. So I'm selling it and buying another Snoway. This plow has been well maintained and garaged at all times when not in actual use. The subframe fits 07 GMC (Classic body style) back thru somewhere into the 90s. I have light wiring harnesses for 04 to 07 GMC classic series and another harness for 99 to 03 GMC, joystick controller, and an extra solenoid, shoes, Lexan blade and steel edge. I paid 4K for this plow in 01. I am asking $2400. Will provide pictures if requested. I have seen very few plows in this good of condition after 5 seasons. Located in Kansas City MO. Email me at tpvill@aol.com or call me on cell 816-225-0625

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's my understanding that the 03-07 mount will fit your new truck. Double check before you ditch the plow. Light harnesses might be a different story. I'll call Steve or Andy and check to day.

Ignore this post if you want a excuse to buy the improved, updated model.
    I won't tell your wife if you don't. LOL

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Here's the scoop. If you have a 96100612 mount it will fit. the wiring will work except the turn signals, they will flasher rapidly.
    If you dealer disagrees have him call Snoway and talk to tech.

4. TPVILL

TPVILL Junior Member

Basher, thanks for the info. I originally spoke with my dealer and they tell me that I would have to purchase a new frame, new harness, and also modify my plow converting it to an MT model in order for it to wolk on the new body style 07 model GMC. They tell me they got this information from Snoway. Total cost to me has been quoted at 1400 to 1900. If thats the case I think it is time for an upgrade.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Dam* Skippy. The new stuff is sweet.