1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.5' Western Uni Mount Plow $2,000

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by jdavis11, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdavis11

jdavis11 Junior Member

We are selling one of our 7.5' Western Uni Mount plows. It works great, but it has been used as a back-up and we don't get enough use out of it. I believe it has two new rams and most of the plow side wiring has been recently replaced.

Asking $2,000.

IMG_4431.JPG

IMG_4432.jpg

2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

Unfortunately, unless the plow was completely restored, you will find that the mean price of our unimount plows is $1200. Youll be hard pressed to find a buyer your asking price. I love my unimount, as it owes me nothing, but they're just not highly valued anymore .

Looks like a decent unit. Maybe you'll find the right buyer

3. jdavis11

jdavis11 Junior Member

We will see. It doesn't owe me anything either, I had to start somewhere. I am open to offers.

4. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i sold a 7.5 unimount last year. i asked 1500 and took 1300 from the first guy who looked at it. that was complete with all truckside mounts and wiring as well - you don't mention that so i'm assuming you only have plowside for sale? if so, plowside only in excellent shape MAY get $1,000. $800 would be about right for my area for plowside only.

with much lower than normal snowfall this season (at least for my area), thats gonna drive demand and price down even further.

5. jdavis11

jdavis11 Junior Member

Ha. I didn't know this was the appraisal forum.

I don't need to sell it, we have just had it sitting in the corner for a while and I figured I would take some pictures and post it to see what would happen. One thing I learned early on in my real estate career is that when pricing equipment (or real estate for that matter) you can always come down... You can never go up.

That said, I appreciate the advise from you both.

6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

There, fixed it for you....

In my previous life as a gigolo, I realized early on that I had to ask more money from the women, for this massive, hunkin burnin love, ladies eye candy .... Too many times I sold myself short, or didn't charge at all for an all night woman loving that they got from me..

With age.... sometimes comes wisdom....

7. jdavis11

jdavis11 Junior Member

Sold it for $1,800. Thanks for all the advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.