1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.5 uni-mount

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Vaughn Schultz, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I am looking to add my 1999 Dodge Dakota 4X4 to my team as a driveway machine. The drives by me are only about 35-40 feet long. My idea is to put a back plow on the truck and hang a 7.5 uni-mount on the front used only to push the snow of to the side that the back plow pulled out. With some suspension mods could I hang a 7.5 uni-mount on this truck.

Ps. The reason for this is I have this extra blade laying in my shop along with this truck, so if possible I would like to put them together :D

2. Vaughn Schultz

Any thoughts :rolleyes:

3. lumps

lumps Senior Member

i used to plow with a '94 dakota (older body style) with the 5.2V8. it worked fine. and for driveways, i think yours will do fine. like you said, you have them both, why not use 'em!

4. Vaughn Schultz

Are you saying that a 1999 Dodge Dakota with a little work can have a 7.5 Western Uni-mount on the front of it? Just did not know about the weight thing :p

I am not really worried about if the truck can plow or not because it is really only going to push snow a matter of feet. Plus the fact that WHEN not "if" but when we get slammed with snow I have larger trucks that can use instead of the Dakota.

SO basically my question is can a dodge Dakota support the weight of a 7.5 western uni-mount plow (with a little MONSTER GARAGE modifications ;) )

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Whatever makes the snow move, I would say it might be a little hard on the truck but with mods, it will help.

6. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I am thinking the weight may still be an issue. The truck should have enough power to push it, but I think the front end will suffer. You may want to consider going to a smaller blade. If you already own the 7.5, you may be able to trade someone. If you are doing driveways, a smaller blade would be better and less chance of doing sod damage.