1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.5' Pro Plow on a half ton?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 05ram, Jan 21, 2010.

1. 05ram

05ram Member

Just wondering if anyone put a 7.5' Pro plow on a half ton? Its only 142# more than the midweight. I know it would need timbrens. But its not much more money than the midweight. My truck is 2005 dodge ram 1500QCSB Hemi.
  2. nymustang50

nymustang50 Senior Member

You'll be fine.. I'm running a 7.5 pro on my bronco.
  3. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

8ft pro on mine and guys run more than me. The more you put on, the more wear on your parts.
  4. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

i have ran a 7'6 western ultra on my 99 silverado1500 with no troubles at all. I did put hd shocks in the front, other than that, it works great.
  5. Racer593

Racer593 Member

I've run an 8' Pro Plow on my K1500 Suburban for the last 3 years with no mods except turning up the torsion bars.
  6. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

You should be fine......Make sure you have weight in the bed........And yes you should use timbrens in the front.
  7. 05ram

05ram Member

Thanks everyone. Just have to wait and see if I get any tax money back.
  8. joesnoe1101

joesnoe1101 Junior Member
    from canada

k1500 7 6" pro plow all i did was a small tortion bar lift for front suspension and about 300lbs ballast weight havent had any problems ......yettymusic