1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.5 or 8.5 western v plow ??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ibavamarine, Oct 5, 2009.

1. ibavamarine

ibavamarine Junior Member

I am tossed up between a new 7.5 or 8.5 vplow for my 2000 ford f250 5.4 liter gas auto
    4x4 ext cab short bed pickup. The obvious differences I can see are about 70lbs in weight and about 200 dollars, besides this, what are any advantages or disadvantages of each and which would you go with?? I mainly do parking lots and some driveways, I do not plow highways or roads.

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

For the money you would be better off with the 8'6".

3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

When you are ready I got ya man hit me up

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A 7.5 vee is nowhere near wide enough for an extended cab truck. They're barely wide enough for a regular cab in the vee position.

5. ibavamarine

ibavamarine Junior Member

8.5 seems like the way to go .... does not having the 5600lb front end make that big of a difference? I do have leaf springs in the front and not coils...

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

8.5. You will be thanking yourself after the first storm.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not enough of a difference to give up the width you'll wish you had if you purchase the 7.6 over the 8.6 only due weight differences. Which is little. Less than 60 lbs.

8. Freedom Dave

Freedom Dave Member

I tossed and turned about that decision last year, I have 4 straight blades all 7'6" and said an 8'6" blade would be huge but omg its great - and if its just a little to wide you just "v' it in or out and its perfect. 8 1/2' all the way on a v blade