1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.5 of 8 on 1500 dodge

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by fourspeedfish, Nov 29, 2005.

1. fourspeedfish

fourspeedfish Member

7.5 or 8' on 98 dodge 1500 shortbed reg cab...i was told 7.5, but whats your thoughts...dont want to kill the truck, but i dont mind working it either....not my full time gig...thanks

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Get a Blizzard 760 LT You'll be happy :drinkup:

3. fourspeedfish

fourspeedfish Member

thanks for the reply, that was what i was thinking, but now im not sure?

4. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

Put a 71/2' BOSS Super Duty on a dodge 1500 and have not had a problem.

78.5" snowfall 19" otg

5. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

7.5 is the way to go. You've got the lightest model Ram (short of a 4x2) so 8' is probably out of the question. Furthermore it's not needed. Do you have the 5.2 or 5.9?

6. fourspeedfish

fourspeedfish Member

i think a 7.5 is what i want...from what i have read boss seems to come out near the top most of the time...1,000 dollar up front differance between a boss and blizzard is hard to take....how long has the truck had it on...and is it personal work or prof type work...thanks

and i have made a few trips over the bridge...cabin's out side luce co

7. yooper.mi

yooper.mi Senior Member

I guess Blizzard is OK, my brother in law had 8' st blade for two years. He said he would not buy another. He said too many little things went wrong.
    We have a very good BOSS, Western dealer here. I had a very old western Pro first year with solenoids bought used, I plowed snow 11 winters with it and it was a very good unit.
    I wanted a new plow BOSS is highly regarded around here. I like the idea of no lift chain, I don't need a 500#+ plow slamming the lift chain in turn the front end. The roads aren't getting any better around here.
    The hydraulics are fast but more then manageable at 20 degrees or less.
    I bought Boss and figure to keep it at least 10 years, I know I'll have less maintance costs then with a Blizzard. Pushing with the BOSS is awesome and I am getting use to the control.I should be very well prepared when real winter hits here.
    Get what you want make sure you have a good dealer close to you.
    Happy Holidays

78.5" snow 19" ground