1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.5' MM1 questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Troy5061, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

Im looking to upgrade from my 7.5' fisher MM1 to a bigger plow for my 3/4 ton, it has 3 electrical connections and the insta act pump (same as the MM2 setup for all intents and purposes from what ive read) I have a few leeds on plows but I was wondering if I could just go to a fisher dealer and get a new 8ft blade for my headgear? Or is the headgear for the 7.5 foot different? Also if I wanted to upgrade to a MM2 will all my truckside wiring work? I know the pushplates are the same.

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Im not sure what will work with switching blades, but 3plug is 3 plug it willl work with mm1 or mm2. Switching to a v will not work. I have some mm2 8ft for sale. If u want u can e mail me for prices Im a few hrs from u.

brad2500hd@aol.com

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I was in your same boat and found out the 7.5' MM1's came with a few different style A Frames/Head gear. Most of the A frames wouldn't allow an upgrade to an 8' or larger blade but would allow for a smaller blade. In the end, an 8' MM1 can be upgraded to a larger blade, but in most cases the 7.5' can't.

4. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

thanks for all the info guys, i think im gonna look into trading in my setup for an 8ft headgear and plow if I can find someone willing to do it for a fair price. I have a couple of guys around here that do that but I need to show them my plow and look at theres before we talk money. If they are to much Ill just keep the 7'6".

5. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Add some wings If u cant afford to swing the extra money for the bigger plow. There like 200 or 250?