1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.5' Meyers Classic on 08 F-250

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MonsterGravy, Nov 19, 2011.

1. MonsterGravy

MonsterGravy Junior Member

Hi guys,
    I just got a 2008 F-250.
    Can anyone tell me about or direct me to a link on adapting the 08 undercarriage to 7.5' classic tubes. Is it doable?
  2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Classic Mounts

I do not believe Meyers made a Classic ( tube type) mount for the 08 Ford Super duty. You can go to Meyers website and look at the listings and PDF files for all the mounts they have made. They also have drawings of each mount along with mouting instructions. Here is the link for the EZ plus/ MDII http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-893R.pdf

If they don't what you could do to install the classic set up is to buy a set of EZ Plus plus or MDII Frame bracket kit for the 2008 Super Duty, bolt it on as designed, then modify the classic mount to fit into the MD series mounts like the universal clevis does. I have done this for a guy who had an old Diamond Pull- Away plow on a 2009 F250 SD.Once the brackets were bolted in place It took about 3 hours to make the modifications and it bolted right in place like it was manufactured for it. I will warn you that when making the mock up only tack weld things in place when getting your proper height and set back so the lift frame ( tube) clears the bumper and the plow has enough swing space. You will also need to be concerned with the set back and not having too much weight sticking out beyond your front bumper.Its a trial and error modification, but easily done if you have welding & cutting equipment, can read a rule, a jack and a few blocks of wood.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011