1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.5 ft. Fisher on f-350?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by F-350PSD, Feb 9, 2009.

1. F-350PSD

F-350PSD Junior Member

I have a lead on a great deal for a 7.5 ft. Fisher minute mount. My truck is a '97 F-350 powerstroke, auto trans, 4.10 gears, add-a-leaf front leveling kit. Its a reg cab longbed, lots and lots of power and torque from mods. My question is is a 7.5 ft. Plow too small for my truck? It would be usee for plowing on a farm (dirt roads) and driveways.

2. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

i have a 95 250 psd with a 9 foot fisher, the truck has more then enough power to push it.because my truck is a 250 the 9 footer is a little to heavy but i plain to swap in a dana 60 and 350 springs soon but you don't have that problem. in my opinion you will want at least a 8 footer
  3. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Driveways and farm work its fine. if your getting a deal buy it.
  4. F-350PSD

F-350PSD Junior Member

Will it even cover the width of the truck when angled? It's light so that means less wear and tear which is a plus.
  5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

It will be very close if it's at full angle... but if it's cheap and your not running commercially I would go for it! What do you have to lose if it's a good deal.
  6. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

Look at the BIG picture - do you want to keep the truck and do lots of plowing - then I would not buy the plow because its to small. However if you just doing 10 driveways what the heck buy the plow. What do you want to gain with a plow? You just starting out? How much is the great deal? We need more info...
  7. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Buy it and throw a set of wings on it; it'll be 9'2" wide. Got any pics and price?
  8. F-350PSD

F-350PSD Junior Member

no pics but its a '97 model off of a chevy, but i have push plates for it. it has surface rust on it but I will clean it up and give it a fresh coat of fisher yellow. the price is around $500 maybe less, its from a friend who is buying a truck with the plow and doesn't want it so who knows it could be cheaper. $500 is the MAX price.
  9. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Go for it and modify it if you require it later on
  10. tuna

tuna Senior Member

How could it be too small?A 97 F350 is the same body as a pre 97 F150.Don`t listen to the BS it will be fine.
  11. F-350PSD

F-350PSD Junior Member

haha thanks tuna. i figured itd be fine
  12. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

I have an '04 F350 with a 7'6" Fisher I use for city streets and a courthouse parking lot.
    No complaints with it, it works fine. Plus, you can hardly tell it's on the truck because it's so light.
    Go for it.