1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.5 foot western unimount plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Andy96XLT, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

Hi all,
    I am looking at buying a real plow as i currently plowing with a snowsport and it is not cutting it. I have a 1995 F250. I am currently looking at a 7.5 foot western. Here is the description on craigslist:

Western unimount 7.5 foot power angle plow complete with frame mount and wiring with electric joy stick off of 96 Ford F250 4x4. Should fit 80-97 F250/F350 good shape, i only used it at my house residentially but it's a commercial plow.

I talked to the guy and here are some pictures. This includes the plow, the mount for my truck, all wiring, and the joystick control. What do you think a good price for this is? I am going to look at it buy it tomorrow or wednesday if it turns out alright. The guy had it off the truck for about a year which scares me. He said it was just serviced at the beginning of last winter and when the guy sold the truck the person did not want the plow. Please let me know!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

i would think $1500ish is a fair price. sitting for a year should not be a big deal. just flush and fill it and go plow.

does he want to sell the 944 in the background?

3. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

haha, i'll ask him tomorrow.. I am just wondering if a 7.6 is big enough for my truck... the price seems pretty good though...

4. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

I have the same setup on my truck it will work out good for you

5. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

I am going to look at it in about an hour...we'll see what happens

6. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

guys, i just picked up the plow and now i am at work trying to put the mount on my truck and i don't have a clue how to do it. Can someone post a picture of how the mount installs on a 92-96 ford truck? I don't know how the back piece bolts in. Thanks!!!

7. bucky6981

bucky6981 Member

Westerns website has the manual that will help you install. Also when I did mine I had to unbolt the rear strut arms and install those on the frame first before I bolted on the main front piece. Hopefully it came witj the little speed nut things that look like a nut with a small rod welded to it otherwise your gonna have a tough time getting the rear part bolted up right.

8. no lead

you will have to remove the thrust arms from the mount. this mount is a pain in the butt to install if it is all bolted together. remove the bumper first and take all of the bolts from the mount so all pieces are loose. hang the big piece on the frame horns first and work your way back.

go to the western site as stated above. full pics will be there.

almost forgot. how much for the porsche?

9. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

Thanks guys, luckily i was putting it together at my local home depot (I work there part time) with some of my coworkers so after a bunch of fanagling we got it. I just didn't realize we needed to drill so many holes. The mount is on after about 5 hours with 3 guys, tomorrow will be the wiring and hopefully the actual plow. I will take pictures when i get everything running.

Also, the porsche is a running project that the guy is working on with his father. He said he couldn't even think of putting a value on it, sorry!

10. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

new question guys, I just finished the wiring and I am going to be mounting the plow but I noticed that my truck headlights are not turning on when i turn them on. The plow is not connected. It said in the instructions they should be on unless i plug it in. Could a relay be bad, or can someone let me know what else I should look? Thanks!

11. no lead

did you hook up the wires to the marker lights and turn signals? the brown wire to the marker light powers the relays. if so a relay may be bad or wired wrong.

12. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

i believe i hooked everything up correctly... the high beams work, but the low beams do not... i'll have to do some wire checking tomorrow, maybe I screwed something up

13. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Check the black/orange (ground wire) wire on the small terminal on the solenoid to make sure it has a good connection..

Also check the "low beam"relay to make sure you have the right wires on the correct prongs

14. Andy96XLT

Andy96XLT Senior Member

picked up a new realy for 10.99... that was it :) i'll get pictures sometime this week, although the plow is off my truck since they are not calling for any more snow. Everything works good now, apparently i got a steal for the setup, someone already offered me more money that i paid for it

15. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Glad your problem is resolved...Safe plowing