1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.5 Fisher ID and Pins questions

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by chevyguy7783, Dec 30, 2013.

1. chevyguy7783

chevyguy7783 Junior Member

I picked up a 77 Chevy K20 with a 7.5 Fisher plow on it. Finally buttoned up most of the issues on the truck so now its time to address the plow. When I first got it about a year ago, with the help of some pb blaster the plow worked great in all directions. I let it sit over most of the summer and now it won't go left or right- it's stuck pointed left. It still goes up and down perfectly fine. It is a full hydraulic setup with engine mounted pump. 2 levers inside, 1 for vertical 1 for horizontal.

In addition, the plate between that goes inside of the truck mounted part under the truck was extremely loose. The pins that hold the plow to the frame wouldn't go through enough to stay in there, only about 1/4" and they have beveled edges so they would slide out. However with the plow unattached, they slide through like this:
    [​IMG]

Do I have the wrong pins. They have L shaped pieces coming off them like they should lock in somewhere but there is nowhere to put it except on the outside of the truck mounted frame.
    [​IMG]
    The hole for the pin is inside the middle tab.

I have no idea how to look up parts since I don't know the model number or anything. Can anyone help, I've included a few more pictures to try and help figure it out.
    Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chevyguy7783

chevyguy7783 Junior Member

Not really sure why the pictures are so big...