1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.3L CPS Recall

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Niteman9, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

Got a notice yesterday. They are recalling the 7.3 for the CPS. I have already changed mine twice. Once under warranty but still cost me $100. The say they will pay if you have already have had it changed. But I don't have the receipt anymore. I had it done at the dealer so maybe they will have a record of it and I can get some money back.

Here is what the notice said.

"Ford Motor Company has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 1997 through 2003 vehicles equipped with a 7.3L engine"

Called the dealer in Chicago that replaced it 3 years ago and they are mailing me a copy of the receipt. Thats 100 bucks I can use toward the X-Code springs I need now that I have an 810 on the truck.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Our mechanics replace at least one a month in our ambulances. I get brownee points when I drive one and notice it's going bad. A $75 dollar replacement vers a $150 tow and down time.