1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.3 hp

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jig head, Aug 8, 2008.

1. jig head

jig head Junior Member

I know the new 6.4 has 350 hp
    what the dealer cant seem to answer for me is how much hp does my 2000 7.3 with a banks stinger kit have.
    I am curious because I have been seriously thinking of buying a 08 f-350 to use for towing my new 37 foot 5th wheel. I am unsure of the ability of the newer truck for pulling power of a 13,000 lb rig

2. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

I want to say it was around 275 at the flywheel stock.

3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

im sure the 2008 will do just fine, have you test drove the new 6.4 yet? for towing you should be more worried about torque than hp IMO...

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

your 2000 7.3 stock had 235 hp and 500 ft./lb. torque, i have no clue what your aftermarket stuff adds.
    2008 6.4 has 350 hp and 650 ft./lb. torque stock plus the torque shift tranny is a lot better than the 4r100 in the 2000 that is if you have an auto tranny.

join up on this site, they have so many resources/helpful people there like plowsite but its all ford.

http://www.ford-trucks.com

5. RSieck

RSieck Junior Member
    from Iowa

A 2000 Ford PSD came out with 225hp, says so on the valve cover. With the worthless banks kit, I would say HP is around 250-260 to the ground. The 6.4 would be way better IMO, except the 10mpg. Unless you want to void your warranty and get rid of the DPF...

6. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

If his truck is a manual, than it's 250HP stock, manual trans 7.3s came with this HP rating.