1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.3 emblem ?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by snowbuster1, Mar 31, 2013.

1. snowbuster1

snowbuster1 Member

Does anyone know the order of the emblems on the 99-03 7.3 suoerduty. Does the 99 have the powerstroke emblem on the front fender and did they change it to the door in 2000. Did they change them any for the the tarts after that?

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The early 99 superduty trucks had the Powerstroke emblem on the front of the fender like the V8/V10 trucks do. Late 99 they changed them to the door. In 03 when the 6.0 came out the door badges became chrome. In 08 when the 6.4 came out they went back to the fender emblems. Red mesh on the decal means it's a diesel, it also says so in small print, black is a gas truck. In '11 when the 6.7's came out they went back to the door logos, this time in a circle shape. The newer F150's that have the door badge that looks similar to the 6.0 door badge are the V6 Eco Boost trucks.

3. snowbuster1

snowbuster1 Member

Now on the 7.3 didn't they have on the door an all grey writing then they added the powerstroke writing too red on 02

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've seen some that are various colors. I don't think it means anything but I could be wrong.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The 2000 the door emblem had the red lines. In 02 they went to all grey and in 03 there was the 6.0 emblem