1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7.3 diesel

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by mike_09, Mar 14, 2004.

1. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

i have a question bout the ford build and price on there website..when u go and build the truck and when it comes to the power, there is only the.

5.4 v8
    6.8 v10
    6.0 v8 diesel

how come there isn't no spot for the 7.3 diesel?
    where are ppl get the 7.3 diesel when they go and order them?..!!!!

2. GPB

GPB Member

Ford discontinued the 7.3 diesel over a year ago. Early 03 models were the last 7.3's you could get. I got lucky last April and found a dealer that still had one 03 model with the 7.3 left.

3. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

Go with the 6.0 you wont be sorry. It has more horsepower and torque along with better fuel economy and is a lot quieter.

4. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

If you happen to be looking at a 2003 with the 6.0 I would stay away from them. This was a very problematic year for that engine as it is used in Ford trucks. Even the 2004's have yet to prove all the bugs have been worked out. If given the choice between a 7.3 or a 6.0 I would still go with the 7.3. I am sure the 6.0 will be a very good engine once Ford has the "new engine bugs" worked out.