1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7/11 Snow Removal

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Burkartsplow, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I was driving through town this morning and this little piece of machinery caught my eye sitting in the 7/11 parking lot. He must have just got done plowing the lot as the owner was inside as I snapped a few pictures. The lot was clean and seemed to do a good job. I would think even for a small lot like this, that it still took him a decent amount of time with the snow being wet and heavy since it had not been plowed until the completion of the storm. It would be perfect for sidewalks though, but might just be a little cold...

pictures 349.jpg

pictures 350.jpg

pictures 347.jpg
  2. Burkartsplow

here are a few more pics.

pictures 348.jpg

pictures 346.jpg
  3. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

F that. I bet he's a low...

overhead operator? with that equipment...
  4. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Looks cute haha. I probably wouldn't trust those wood ramps to much with loading and unloading that thing. I had a set for a while and one side snapped from the weight of my quad.
  5. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

I would trust the ramps more than I would trust the strapes holding it down that looks like Mr. DOT should be having a chat with him.:nod:
  6. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

she be nice for them small drives in lakewood
  7. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I was thinking the same thing!!
  8. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

No fenders on the trailer either, and I bet that one little axle isn't rated for that much weight. Of course how would we know, I doubt there is any type of mfg's plate on that homemade looking thing. I bet that machine is over 4k lbs and the trailer is at least another 1k. Doubt it has brakes, and he's pulling it around in the snow with a half-ton truck that probably has a personal auto insurance policy with the state minimum limits of liability rated for 'pleasure' use. General Liability? Pfft. Who needs that. And we wonder how things could be bid so cheap?

Maybe I'm assuming a lot and being a judgemental A-hole, but it's the first thing that comes to mind, sorry.
  9. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

I just noticed he splurged for LED trailer lights, and the trailer actually has a license plate on it, albeit conveniently covered with snow and appearing to be zip-tied on, so I'll take that for what it's worth...
  10. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

You all riding the guy about his trailer, well you should come down to the south sometime and see what gets pulled around here. DOT, yeah they only mess with commercial trucks, but personal trucks or small company trucks well it a free for all...

lights, na, only if you pull after dark, and most time you can get away with running flashers on the truck.
    tags, nope dont need them
    is it over loaded? who cares
    does it have fenders, who cares
    are the axles bent? does it pull straight? again who cares.

That load tied down properly? as long as it dont fall off, your good to go...
    I seen a car on a trailer once, wiht only a concrete block chalking the rear wheel, and no the block was not tied down on the interstate no less.

Me, I do not run a tag, its not required and we are not even required to have a title for a trailer. I do however have lights, make sure the load it tied down to withstand a roll over (I lost a car once thanks to a falty cable on the hoist). I make sure that my tires are good, and my trailer pulls good, and I always use the safty chains reather then leting them drag the ground (I have lost a trailer before)...

The one thing that I would be concerned wiht this guys truck, other then the crapy tie downs, is he has that thing on the bumper and not a trailer hitch. I have seen bumpers riped off trucks and I would never pull with the bumper, not ever!
  11. fireboy5722

fireboy5722 Senior Member

it is hooked to a reciever not the bumper, if you zoom in and look close you can see this.
  12. Uncle Herb

Uncle Herb Senior Member

Like I've said before...we all have to start some where.
  13. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Ah, so it is...
    I had to zoom in to see that it was, it does look like it's on the bumber in the posting....

oops, I was wrong :)
  14. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

Up here you wouldnt work without a cab,and heat
  15. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

i've spent most of a day running our old 580 in -24C* weather, with no cab... just gotta dress for it. and know to go in when you need to warm up

i belive that's a melroe skid steer ( bobcats orgians) saw 2 of them for sale for $2000 a couple weeks ago..

atleast the guys not sitting home collecting a chequepayup
  16. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

Nah, he is probably expecting a check every first of the month too. CASH business.
  17. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

anybody know if 7/11's were taken over by a national this year?
  18. Lawn Rover

Lawn Rover Inactive

I agree! You guys sound like a bunch of dicks! Good for him making an honest living. Better that than stealing or dealing.
  19. Lawn Rover

Lawn Rover Inactive

So what!?!? Are you the one to cast the first stone?
  20. Burkartsplow

Hey Rover, I did not say anything bad about this guys set up when I started this thread. I took the pic, said it did a good job and that is all. Don't group us all together. Thanks