1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7-1/2' Western snowplow transfer.

Discussion in 'Western SnowPlows' started by jakegypsum, Jan 28, 2002.

1. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

I have a 7-1/2' Western pro plow setup. I would like to be able to transfer this rig to a 2002' Ford F-250. Is there a harness setup available for this type of transfer so that I would be able to use the existing plow and hydro pump/controls? Thanks for any help. Jake.

2. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

This plow should change over no problem you are just going to need a new truck-side mount and possibly just a new headlight harness. What kind of truck is the plow coming off of?

3. jakegypsum

jakegypsum Senior Member

Landman, "You da man!" It's a long story. I purchased a 7-1/2' pro plow used off of a guy that had it mounted on a chevy blazer. I was planning to convert it and mount it to my Ford pickup at the time. Long story short, I traded the pickup and let the plow rig sit. Eventually, I wound up rigging it up to a Ford F-700 in a pinch. (Not the F-700 that is mentioned in my other posting). Remember the big storms we (N.J.) had back in 96'. I needed every peice of equipement that I could weld together back then. It actually worked pretty good. We have used it during every snowfall. You just needed to know how to work with it, that's all. We will soon be trading this truck in also. Engine problems. The harness has been altered too much to think about transfer. Looking to buy a new harness because it will be going on a new truck. I have pre-fabbed many times but this is something that I do not wish to do to a new truck with the harness. Thanks for all of your input. Jake.

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Is the plow a uni mount or conventional. If its conventional, then I would suspect you haveing probelms mounting it to the new fords.
    If it is uni mount, all you need is the truck side lower frame kit and new headlight/ plow control harness.
    Dino