1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7 1/2 or 8??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by William B., Oct 19, 2005.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

As some of you may know I have been watchin a couple Westerns on Ebay. I am really watchin an 8ft. I just saw a 7 1/2ft come up that is located in Ceder Rapids which is an hour away from me. I am watchin this one incase I don't get the 8ft. Do you think that I am basically just wastin my time with it? I could always put Pro Wings on it to get back the added length but with an 8 ft with wings I'm just that much wider.
    Thanks for your help

William

2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Go with the 8. You wouldn't think that 6" would make so much difference, and like yousaid it's just that mucj wider with wings:)

3. SQUIRRLE PLOWER

SQUIRRLE PLOWER Junior Member

With the wide front end on the hd's the 8 footer is the only way to go then you don't have as may end trails

4. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

Buy an 8', you'll save time plowing and won't be driving on your own snow roll as much.

5. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

did you see

there is a 7"6 western on ebay in johntson ia ebay item # 8006914294 not to bad of a price

6. mpflood

mpflood Member

If you have a long wheel base 7 1/2 is too small

7. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

If your truck was my truck and it is like it id put no smaller than and 8foot strait and 8.6 strait is a nice push.

8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

William, I found a couple more in the tradinpost:

WESTERN Uni-mount 7½' Snowplow. $2000. 309/275-5035 cellular. Bloomington

WESTERN 60381 7'6" Pro w/unimount to fit Ford Super duty. All mounting brackets, controls. $1200. 309/645-8017 Metamora

Metamora is really close to me, I could run over and take a look at it sometime if you're interested. Call and find out what kind of mount it comes with, if you want, and let me know!

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Go with the 8' ...:nod: