1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7 1/2' or 8' for my `06 F250

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by MadLawnGuy, Jan 6, 2008.

1. MadLawnGuy

MadLawnGuy Junior Member

Hi all. I have a '06 F250 and I need a plow. It is my only truck. One of my buddies that has the same ('04) THINKS A 7 1/2' is too small. I used to plow a cemetery with a 1500 and a narrow plow and it was miserable. The truck measures about 79" so a 7 1/2' does seem small. This setup will only be used by myself so I am not real concerned with transport or on the road damage. Thank you for all the good information out here. Bill
  2. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

gas or diesel what cab and does the truck have a snow plow prep from ford this info is need to give the safe answer but most will say an 8 foot plow
  3. MadLawnGuy

MadLawnGuy Junior Member

Sorry just posted it in my profile. SuperCab gas 4x4 with plow and camper package.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i have one truck with a 7.5 and another with 8.0 .6 "does make a big difference.
    but doing bank drive thru with the 8 is a little tight

5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 04 f250 with the 6.0L. 8 is the smallest id put on it. Im adding wings for a total of 10 ft.

6. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I agree; 8' is the way to go. When you angle your blade around curves with a 7'6 you end up running thru the snow you just plowed. I just installed pro-wings this am on my 8' fisher; just need some snow.
  7. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

if it was my truck i would go 9' straight.
  8. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Yea even with an 8 fully angled you run through the snow.
  9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

8' at the bare minimum. I have an 8 1/2' V on my 04.
  10. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I run 10' on my F250. 8' is as small as u want to go.
  11. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

go with an 8'.. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it..