1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

7 1/2 ft to 8 1/2 foot meyer blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by home rescue, Dec 12, 2003.

1. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

have an older meyer e-47 pump and 7 1/2 ft blade, question is can i bolt on a 8 1/2 ft blade on to my 7 1/2 ft a-frame. And if not can i take an 8 1/2 ft blade/a-frame and hook up to my 7 1/2 ft truck mounting bracket.

2. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

a 8.5 blade will not fit your 7.5 a-frame, but a 8.5 a-frame will mount to your truck mount

3. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

thanks, i know where an 8 1/2 ft blade and a-frame is at i'll try to come up with that.

4. CMerLand

CMerLand Senior Member

Have you considered installing pro-wings instead?? We put a set on our 7.5 meyers to cover the width of the dump truck wheels and they worked great, and much less weight hanging off the front end of the truck.

5. home rescue

home rescue Member
    from wv

Yes i have a set of plow wings,but get this had a privat welder fab me a set, made of 3/8"steel plate. heavy duty. don't know how much they weight yet if i get time i"ll weight them tommorrow, i know they are heavy enough the wings won't bend.