1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6x4 gator plowing

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by beano, Nov 20, 2008.

1. beano

beano Member

Hey guys, have an opportunity to buy a 6x4 gator with a plow. Ive never plowed with one and was wondering how the traction is. Dont want to waste if it doesn't work or traction is crappy. I have sub contracted out most of my accounts for this year so its more for me and my neighboors drives but will see some hours

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I would think it will do pretty good. never used one.

3. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

i really dont like older gators i find them very underpowered and i have read that the 6x4 does not plow a whole lot but the 6x6 is ok

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think they have much traction either. I drove my freinds 5x4 and it had no power or traction at all. The best advice I can give you is if you want a Gator get a 4x4 or don't get one at all.

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

I would imagine the back end of the thing must not weigh much.

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

No the back end of a Gator does not weigh much, you would have to put some weight in the back even if you used a 4x4 or 6x6.

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

wow. I know the local school district my friend works for. they have a 4x4 gator. and it has turf tires on it. and they have a 60" v-plow on it and it sucks plowing. and they beat the crap out of it because its not there's