1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6inch lift+plowing??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by frndinalowplace, Feb 26, 2005.

1. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

I would really like to install a 6inch lift on my 02 chevy 2500HD. I was just wondering what effects that will have on plowing if ill still be able to. Besides an increased attack angle and letting out some chain what else is bad or would i need to modify. Its a meyer md2 mount with a 7.5' blade.
  2. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Do a search, there are god only knows how many posts on this, and they will tell you exactly what you will need to do to plow. This comes up once a week.
  3. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Letting out some chain won't really do the trick. The mounts meed to be moved down so that the frame remains at the proper angle. Other than a little fabricating on the mounts and some reduced visibility plowing with a lift is no big deal..
  4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Why, oh why does everyoe want to lift their truck and plow? I'll never get it.
    Yeah, do a search- TONS of threads on it already. Best advice: don;t do it. 3 inch MAX IMHO, and any is a bad idea- added problems.
  5. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

It's prolly there daily driver and want to lift their truck for offroad or just for looks.