1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

680LT Light harness

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by av84u, Oct 31, 2013.

1. av84u

av84u Junior Member

Hi all,

Question:

I just purchased a 2002 Jeep Sport. I am in the process of mounting a Blizzard 680LT plow. The light bar harness with all it's relays seems a bit over kill. I would like to take the harness, part it out into separate connectors and use these connectors to splice directly into the Jeeps turn signals and headlights. I would lose the ability to switch back and forth from the Jeeps headlights to the plow lights but heck, with the plow mounted I cannot use the jeeps headlights anyway. Then in the summer, remove them and plug the factory pigtails back into their respective places - this concept eliminates all relays supplied by Blizzard.

Pros/Cons guys?

Thanks,

Scott

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You could. More connectors equals mote chances for problems. What's wrong with installing as normal?
    So how would you switch between plow and tk lights?

3. av84u

av84u Junior Member

diesels,

thanks. I would make / wire up a harness adaptor pigtails to connect tk headlights and turn signals to plow lights. It is my understanding the tk headlights are behind the plow and cannot be used anyway therefore switching back and forth from plow bar lights to tk lights does not matter. If I decide to pull off plow bar, I would just remove the said adaptor's and plug OE connectors back into their original locations.....

I hope this make sense....

Scott

4. av84u

av84u Junior Member

The issue I have with the Blizzard supplied harness is that it looks like a pain to install, has relays up the yingyang which to me is more things to go wrong, replace and or be a pain in the a** in the future. Fact is the plow set up is a used one and the light bar harness that came with it had two relays that got so hot they melted their plastic covers. Less is more for me....I just wondered if anyone else had wired up their set up like I am proposing and looking for the pros and cons....

Scott

5. dieselss

Well ill say this. I do have the full harness with the 2 relays per light and so do 4 other of our trucks. No issues other than relays got corroded. What I did with mine was hotwire the plow lights so they are on a switch no tk lights just the plow headlights

6. av84u

av84u Junior Member

Good ideas diesels...hot wire plow lights with a different switch ;).

What about the turn sigs?

Scott

7. dieselss

If it was me........piggy back off the factory wiring and go into a 2 or 3 pin connector (depending upon where your going to grab your gnd from) and have that connector hanging from the grill. Kinda like the factory blizzard light harness

8. dieselss

Fyi. When I did mine I did use a relay for both low beams and did not do anything with the high beams