1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

680LT installed - I think....

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by jazzzak, Nov 12, 2011.

1. jazzzak

jazzzak Junior Member

I just had a 680LT installed on my Silverado 1500 for just my residence. I don't know a lo about all the connections, but some things don't seem right. Hopefully someone can share some knowledge with me, I'm thinking of bringing this back to the dealer to be fixed, but not sure what is right and wrong here....

1) The kickstand was installed backwards with the bolt going the wrong way and spring on the wrong side, so it just doesn't work.
    2) The headlamps are aimed extremely high and uneven, even with the plow raised.
    3) How high show the plow raise? I had mine all the way up and it hit the road on a little bump just leaving the dealer. It doesn't seem to go as high as the manual shows. (I am having a Timbrens SES put on the front).
    4) Headlamps - when I take the plow off, should the truck headlamps work versus the light tower? Even when I disconnect the wires to the light tower, the truck lights don't work.
    5) My turn signal normally blinks slow, not randomly seems to blink slow or very, very fast. Someone told me that's a power issue/problem. Is it?
    6) The plow just drops to the ground. The dealer said it drops fast, but when looking in the manual it mentions a flow control valve that adjusts drop speed, so I'm thinking it needs to be adjusted or it's faulty. It basically just falls to the ground.
    7) Shoes.... what are these? I don't see any purpose as mine was installed with all the washers and sleeve above the bracket so the shoe moves up freely to the bracket about 3 inches or so. Seems like it should be providing support so all the weight isn't on the blade itself? Should the shoes be in a locked/fixed position with the bottom of the shoe even with the bottom of the blade? If that's so, mine isn't installed correctly.
    8) The cover over the hydraulics isn't flush on the frame, there's a 1/2 inch gap. I would think it's supposed to be slush to keep snow, ice, water out?

Sorry for so many questions. I don't know much about this stuff, but I think I know enough to recognize some things were done wrong.

>Confused in Wisconsin
    Don

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

was it cash and carry or dealer installed???????

3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a completely botched install.

Not only did they not check out the details, they didn't even test it.

4. jazzzak

jazzzak Junior Member

The dealer installed it

5. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Sounds like the installer was either drunk or blind, perhaps both.

6. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

anybody can be a dealer if you have the money to buy in the local drug store can sell themLOL

7. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

I would take it back

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Take it back and complain. Contact DD or Blizzard if you have problems. While you are at it see about getting the blade upgraded to a 7 foot 6 inch instead of the 6' 8" unit. that is not enough blade width for a full size truck.

9. jazzzak

jazzzak Junior Member

I'm only doing my driveway, which is pretty big and asphalt. I won't be doing any commercial work with it.

10. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

wow, post the name of that dealer.... that is ridiculous!

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Still 6'8" is small you lose about 14% when you angle so that gives you a 69" blade width.
    You will be fighting packed snow of your own making.

12. Pristine PM ltd

720 fits it no problem, get that as an apology!

13. jazzzak

jazzzak Junior Member

Is that as simple as swapping the blade out, does the frame, hydraulics, etc stay the same?

14. Pristine PM ltd

sorry, I meant keeping the mount and getting a put together 720 from them. I am pretty sure they are exactly the same, but not positive.