1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

680LT Info Needed

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Chris-R, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Does anyone own a 680Lt and if so, how do you like it and what kind of truck are you running? I found a deal on a 680LT for my new Toyota Tacoma but I want to know what people think about the snowplow before I buy it. Thanks.

2. grinch1989

grinch1989 Member
    from CT

I have the 720LT on my 2004 Dodge Dakota and love it! I went from a Snowbear plow and needed to upgrade after picking up a bunch of residential customers. It does about 9 driveways no problem each storm..

3. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

680 moldboard is a lot shallower than a 720.

4. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Sharpcut: Yeah, I noticed that the 680 is not as tall as the 720. I called the two closest dealers and both did not have a 680 on the floor to look at.

5. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Grinch: Are you able to post a picture of your truck without the plow on it so I can see the undercarriage? I'm curious as to how low the undercarriage is. Thanks.

6. grinch1989

grinch1989 Member
    from CT

Sure, I will take a pic over the weekend and post it.

7. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Thanks Grinch, I appreciate it a lot :D

8. grinch1989

grinch1989 Member
    from CT

As promised....

IMG_4265 (Copy).jpg

IMG_4267 (Copy).jpg

IMG_4268 (Copy).jpg

IMG_4269 (Copy).jpg

IMG_4270 (Copy).jpg

9. grinch1989

grinch1989 Member
    from CT

more...................

IMG_4271 (Copy).jpg

10. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Grinch: Great photos!!! Thank you very much for taking the time to post them. This will help me a lot.

11. Mark in MD

Mark in MD Member

I'm a little late, but I have a Tacoma and a 680 LT. I would get the 720 if you can. A slightly wider blade would be nice. The newer Tacomas are wider and could use a wider blade than that one that comes with the 680.