1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

680LT for my Jeep

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by mrmagnum, Aug 17, 2007.

1. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

Hello I am new here and I am planning on purchasing a 680LT for my Jeep. What do you guys think of this plow? I have a small lot at my business which I plan on using it there and maybe plow a couple of smaller driveways. Any input would be appreciated.

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Its a great little plow. What kind of jeep do you have? auto/manual?

3. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

I have a very clean 1987 Jeep YJ 4.2 litre 5-speed. I have another YJ with an older Meyers set up which works fantastic but the truck is showing its age and still great for a backup vehicle.

4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't hesitate to go with the 720. That extra width adds up fast to make for less passes, especially in a lot. And the six is strong enough to push it.

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Magnum, the 720 or a 680 with wings works great on the jeeps.

J

6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Hey Jerre, do those wings have any forward angle to them? Was thinking if they did it may work sorta like a speedwing. Where can I find pics?
    I'm thinking I like the 720 not just for the width but a little taller too. I'd really like a 760 speedwing but they won't let me put one on a Wrangler. I think I could put wheels on it for transport mode. Then I could raise the plow and drive it in 4wd with the front wheels driving and steering, and the rear wheels a foot in the air. ;>

7. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Dan we did a speed wing for Fred Pickering last season. Front suspension package a must but still under GVW for the rig and it handled it well. All types of forward sweep wings that will go on the blades.

J