1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

680 lt

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by elkimmeg, Mar 17, 2009.

1. elkimmeg

elkimmeg Junior Member

After 30 plus years plowing using 3/4 ton pickups, I scaled down to the blizzard 680 Lt mounted on a Chevy Colorado.

I reduced my driveways to only 7 This plow and setup exceeded all my expectations.

The first thing I did was to adapt to handling lees of a snow fall ,meaning heavy wet snow, I made a pass no more than 8 *' at a time Powder snow was good for over a foot no problem. Other than that. I'm pleasantly surprised how well the plow preformed. The only thing I might change, is heavier shocks on the front end to give a bit more ground clearance to the plow frame.. In new England we had over 6' of snow this year 12 plowable storms.

2. truckie36

truckie36 Member

Regular shocks will not change your ride height. you will need to change to air shocks or put rubber blocks in the springs to do that.