1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

680/720LT for Tacoma

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by djkvt, Dec 20, 2009.

1. djkvt

djkvt Junior Member

Like so many posts, I am new to this forum and in the market for a plow to put on my Tacoma. 2007, 2.7L 4-cyl for my driveway and a few neighbors.

Does anyone run a Blizzard on a Tacoma? I like the price of the SnowDogg but it just seems like way too much plow for the little Taco. No need for a big truck.
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I have a Blizzard 680 on my Jeep, I would think the 680 is a good fit. I would suggest that you call Jerres service in Erie Pa, I know he still has some new ones.

Regards Mike
  3. earthman85

earthman85 Junior Member

I put a blizzard 680 LT on the back of my 2007 4 cyl Tacoma. I made a custom mount that goes into the trailer hitch. I plow my alley and it's a great match for the truck. Factory suspension sags 1" when I raise the plow which isn't bad at all. If we get some snow, I'll post some plowing shots.
  4. djkvt

djkvt Junior Member

Wow, thanks. Seems like the rear end of this truck sags under weight, although it does ride pretty nice with 150# of sand in the rear and gets around in most storms in 2 wheel drive.

Any opinions on timbrens vs air shocks / air shocks? I've also heard recomendations of putting a 2" lift to level out the front end.
  5. ppap

ppap Junior Member

You may want to reconsider a Snowdogg MD68. Its about 400lbs and very durable. The stainless steel blade and low price make it a bargain. I have one on my ZR2 S10 which is comparable to your Taco. I put Timbrens up front which decrease the sag to about 1.5" with the blade raised. Its better to have too much plow than not enough.