1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

67-77 bronco meyer ez custom install help

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by XXL 4RUNNER, Dec 12, 2009.

1. XXL 4RUNNER

XXL 4RUNNER Member

Hi guys, i just got a 74 bronco and im trying to install a 6'6 meyer ez custom plow on it. Does anybody have pics of how the frame is mounted? Im having a hard time finding a place to mount the thrust arms, i cant put them up to the frame because the steering arm on the gearbox is in the way. I have seen some posts where people say they get mounted to the subframe under the oil pan but that seems to be a very steep angle and i think there would be a lot of stress on the arms possibly bending them. If theres anybody with some pics it would be a huge huge help thanks alot !:d

2. XXL 4RUNNER

XXL 4RUNNER Member

Anybody ???? Please

3. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

ok. this is as good of a shot i could get today, my batteries were dieing, so no flash :(

mount plate under front body mount
    [​IMG]

to the rear, just infront of the spring bucket

[​IMG]

and a little closer of the end of the bracket

[​IMG]

basically, this plate runs like a T up against the frame, with a plate on the top. and a threaded rod down each side of the frame. it has these front and rear, on both sides. that's for a '73 fisher 6'6" blade. i can't see any other mounts or braces

4. XXL 4RUNNER

XXL 4RUNNER Member

Thanks bull, i appreciate you taking the time to help me out.Between your pics and some others i came up with a pretty decent mount. Thanks again and Merry Christmas !!!