Snow Plowing Forum banner

6'6" UniMount galvanized rebuild

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  road2damascus 
#1 ·
At the end of last season I bought a conventional mount standard duty 6'6" western plow in decent shape for $200. I had a sport utility 6'6" UniMount that I wanted to convert into a standard duty. I kept the pump carriage, pump, wiring, lights, chain, and lift arm from the sport duty. I sold the sport duty mold board, quadrant, a-frame, cylinders, and hoses. I kept the quadrant, cylinders, mold board, rubber cutting edge, springs, cutting edge hold down (flat steel), and hoses. I could not use the sport duty A-frame or the conventional A-frame so I found a new old stock standard duty A-frame for a good price.

I already have a 6'6" galvanized standard duty Unimount built by John @ John's Garage in Glenview, IL. I put this plow next to my new build as professional reference. I tore down the new build and sent the plow carriage, chain, lift arm, mold board, cutting edge hold down steel, light bracket, and quadrant to be sand blasted and hot dipped galvanized through John's connection. Please don't ask me prices. All I will do is give you John's number. After getting the pieces back I began assembly.

I used high temp rustoleum on top of rust converter on the cylinders and springs. I bought some new hardware mostly grade 5 but used grade 8 washers on the pivot bolt. The blow over rubber is a strip of conveyor belt that John has lots of. I put new hoses and fluid in and she was ready to go Thumbs Up

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper

Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Liquid Fluid Personal care Bottle Plastic bottle

Office supplies Musical instrument Gas Sports equipment Writing implement

Wood Gas Font Tool Metalworking hand tool

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.