1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6'6" Power-V XT on a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Montosi82, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

So I just bought a new Jeep. 2011 wrangler unlimited sport. Want to put a plow on it and wanted to know if this would fit. The plow is set up for a UTV but was curious if the mounting system is the same, or close enough with some minor adjustments. I've always had fishers before but love the idea of a V plow on my jeep.

thanks for the help
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The mounting system for the UTV plows are not even similar to a vehicle mount. Prevents people from doing exactly what you have in mind, installation on a vehicle, which the UTV plows were never designed for thus the different mounts to prevent such activities.
  3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Its been done, but will take some modifying to make it work, but can be done
  4. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

thanks for the posts, gonna stop by the local dealer and see what he thinks. Thanks
  5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Is it heavy duty enough to hold up well on a jeep? That's a lot heavier then a Kubota 1100. Will Boss cover the warrenty if/when things bend?
  6. bigrichslc

bigrichslc Junior Member

We just put a utv v plow on a jeep last week, its fairly easy and with some fab skills, it can be done. Check out our facebook site, we posted some pictures and a video. United service and sales. The front springs were a little weak, so we put a air shock up there to hold it better.