1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6'6" boss V on Ford Ranger

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by My76f250, Mar 21, 2011.

1. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

Can i put a 6'6" boss Vxt on a 99 Ford Ranger? I was wondering if the mount was the same as the sport duty? For the price ide rather run the V plow over a Snow dogg straight blade...Any input would really be appreciated

2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I can't see why someone couldn't fab up a mount. We run Blizzards and they are pretty light, but a v around the same weight would be alot nicer for jumping up on sidewalks.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If you do it I wanna see pics

4. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

Im actually going to be plowing lots with it....im down grading from a lifted f350 with an 8' western unimount to a 99 ranger with a 3" body lift and 33" tires......would the utv v plow fit in the sport duty ford ranger bracket?

5. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I don't believe it will, I seem to remember a Boss dealer saying in another thread that they are different to discourage people from using the UTV plows on vehicles.

6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

The mounts are much smaller than the sport duty mounts....but it would be easy enough to fab something up. You would also have to put a light tower on it....the harness on the utv is 7 pin, so lights wont be plug n play.

7. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

hey caould he swap push beams out nd just bolt it in?

8. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

I like the pushbeam idea but im thinking that the whole unit is built on a smaller scale....i thought they used sport duty headgear......when the hell is boss gonna make that vxt for small trucks....i think that would be a hot item

9. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Probably with some spacers I would think the push beam would work. They are pretty narrow

Theres another company that makes stainless plows that will be doing flared wing stainless plows...and for smaller trucks and utvs

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  10. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

Eh I really dont want to do any engineering. I was kinda hoping that it fit the sport duty mount. Boss should really produce that V for smaller trucks such as the ranger and canyon/colorado......i think it would be quite popular to be honest

11. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

i was thinkin about doin the same thing about putting one on my jeep but i dont think its gonna be long enough when in the scoop/vee position because i have a 6'6" plow on my jeep now and when fully angled my tires just bearly run over the windrow

12. lawnkid14

lawnkid14 Member

Not to bring this thread back from the dead but I saw one today while I was filling up.

13. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I have an original 80's Boss 6'-6" Power V on my Sonoma. They didn't make many because they WEREN'T popular. Almost as much money as a full size v-plow, fraction of the size. It is quite handy for tight places, though!