1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6430 western 9 foot pro

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by littleplow, Dec 23, 2014.

1. littleplow

littleplow Junior Member

Made a adapter to go from a 6430 JD loader quickhitch to an ultramount for 9' foot western pro . What do you guys think ? Got a lot of subdivisions to straight plow. Heard I might crack my loader arms.
  2. schrader

schrader PlowSite.com Addict

Not likely to crack the loader arms on the 673, been running a horst 9-15 snow wing for 9 years on my 6420 and 6430 not a single issue. I would be more concerned with the tractor bending the western low.
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'd be more worried about the Western also. The loader arms generally don't crack they bend. In the early 90's we ran an M10 on a loader the same size as yours and we got tired of fixing the blade.
  4. littleplow

littleplow Junior Member

I agree the plow is the weak link. We hired another guy this summer and needed a plow for him that's halfway cheap to run. Trying to get the the township board to upgrade our 2wd pickup with a 3/4 4wd, then the plow will go there, if there is enough left. Even at the smallest level of government the wheels turn slow. Thanks for the input! Happy Holidays!