1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

???????

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by DJ Contracting, Aug 4, 2008.

1. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

How do i save a google image and attach it to a thread? I need help bidding on a condominium road and driveways, every time i right click the search bar address and attach it, it just shows the general google website, any help would be appreciated. Thanks Joe

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Try and right click the image "save as" and put in in your documents file and then post the pix in the manage attachments.

3. DJ Contracting

I'll try that and see what happens

4. DJ Contracting

Ok Grandview or anybody that has experience plowing sub-division roadways the one in question is approximately .5 of a mile with two cul-de-sacs we will be bidding both the roadway and all the driveways in this condo unit. (new roadway and sidewalks)

1. 16 double unit condo driveways (36w X 45 deep)
    2. 6 single unit driveways (18w X 45 deep)
    3.10 foot long sidewalks going from driveway to front door 38 in all
    4 .8 of a mile of 5' wide sidewalk
    5. .5 of a mile of roadway
    Now they want this bid in 2-5, 5-9, 9+ snowfall (No salt)

I however would like to go in and quote it at $10,500 for the season they said they spent $8,500 last season and we had 18 plow-able events (good for this part). At $10,500 divided by 5 month (Nov. -March) that would be $2,100 every month any thoughts would help. Thanks Joe

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What are you using for the sidewalks? As for the road if it is standard size that's going to be at least 4-5 passes each way.For the drives what are you getting in your are for a driveway ,then multiply by the about of driveways.As for price I'll be they're giving you a bs on price. I have to think more on this one but I bid one similar to this size 7 yrs ago and I didn;t get it because I didn't want the grass cutting at the time.But they did like the snow plow price and that was 16,0000 Just remember if your doing the road count on a few extra cutting edges .Also what are they asking for insurance wise?

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Is this it?.......

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  7. DJ Contracting

I get thirty five for a driveway like the bouble and twenty five for the single ones however i was thinking that because they are in a sub-division that maybe i might cut them a little break (obvious reason tight route) the road is standered and the county will clean after the major roads are cleaned first.

Snofarmer if you want to look up the property look up Faith Lutheran Church Bay City, Michigan 48706 you will see 2 mile& Wilder Rds. scroll north till you see Coventry Drive i will be bidding on the new part North

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  8. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

lol i'll give it one more try ,
    Is this it?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  9. DJ Contracting

Yes it is now :redbounce :redbounce i'll be bidding on the north side where the new development is there are two more condos to the East of the second cul-de-sac also this image is about two years old. I forgot to mention tha the roadway only has to be plowed to the end of the condos so the whole north road wont have to be plowed and i will be bidding on the lawn care for next year i know people on t both boards so i hope this helps to land the contracts

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  10. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

any time;)

11. DJ Contracting

Thanks Snofarmer now i put in paint and will attach it to a new thread.