1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6220+horst pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Saliba, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Saliba

Saliba Member

Me and my dad run a cole crop operation in milton, on. Our equipment sits all winter so i decided to get a plow for our 6220 we have. I ended up getting a 12' 4000 series for it with manual flip up ends. The tractor is mainly used for spraying and driving in rows, so it does have narrow tires but i got a ballast box for it so hopefully it pushes alright. I got a contract to plow for a company here in town and luckily all the buildings i will be plowing are within 5 min from our farm so it looks to have worked out well. Anywaise heres some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Our 3520 we got a few years back. It gets used to do all the work around the house, and then we use it in our greenhouses to mix soil for bedding plants.

2. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

wow cant wait to see action pix! that 6220 is enormous man!

3. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

JD Dave is gonna love this one! :cool:

4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Very Nice, what company are you working for?

5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

nice outfit!

6. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

How heavy are those end plates? That could be a pain to flip up all the time.

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I bet your back gets a little stronger when you look at the price between manual flip and hydraulic.

8. Saliba

Saliba Member

Yeah they are really heavy, takes about all i have to flip them up, but like the last guy said, my back did get stronger when i saw the price. I lifted them up a couple times to see if i could find the sweet spot for where they pivot, and that seemed to make it a little easier to lift. All in all though it seems to be a really well built blade. The harness i got was on a 6430 demo tractor and it had a snowwing on it, so all the plumbing for the snowwing is still on the harness. Its nice because if i ever decide to get one its all ready to hook up.

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice tractors. How many horse is the 6220?

10. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

What is the price difference between the 2? If it was only $1,000 then I would go hydraulic. But if it was much more then the manual flip would be the choice. Its a very nice setup. Get us some action pics when you get snow.

11. Saliba

Saliba Member

90eng, 72pto. Its been a good tractor. Dad bought it new in 05 and since then we've put 1200hrs on it, only issue so far was one of the fittings on a line that went to the injector started leaking.

12. Saliba

Saliba Member

I'm not 100% sure what the price diff was, but i did ask the deere salesmen how much and it was quite a bit, over a thousand i think, and i'd have to run a diverter on the tractor since it only has 2 remotes.

13. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Welcome to plowsite! Nice machine.

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking tractor. If you bought hydrofold wings your into the same money as a Snowing. Also the hydraulic wings are very high maintenance. A 12ft Snowing and harness should be in the 13-14k price range depending on what type of deal they gave you at Elmira. Your blade was most likely about 2k less. Make sure you retourqe your mount after the first couple of snows, good luck with it.

15. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I am green with envy that you have such a beautiful money maker in your barn.

Looks great! Good luck with it and make lots of $

16. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

So a snowing is about the same price as a 12' with hydro end plates? That don't make sense. I would think the snowing would be more by a few thousand. Ether way they are nice plows.

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Well if I can buy a 4000 series 12-18 Snowing for $8500 and hydraulic end plates cost around $3200 or you can buy manual flip ones for $1785. The price book I have is from 2008 so I could be a bit off. The Snowing might be a little more money but not much, It will also cost you around 2k+ for the exrta 2 remotes you'll need ot run it though. Either way the OP has a really nice productive tractor, sorry for the derail.

18. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Sweet tractors. purplebou

One question, what's a "cole crop"?

19. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

When I read it earlier I had to Google what it was. Apparently it's a group of vegetables like broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower. (That's if I understood it correctly)

20. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Thanks. Not sure why I didn't just Google it.