1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

62 degrees

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSno, Mar 16, 2003.

1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Well people looks like the season is coming to an end. 62 degrees here today and after all the snow we've had its almost all gone. I'll be popping in now and then but looks like I'll be going to lawn site. Thanks to everyone on this site. I've met some great people like John Allen, and Taconic Maint. at their picnic, thanks for the advice and patriotism Pelican, all of you have been great. Cant wait for November to be coming up again. I'll be in a few times a week though. Good luck everyone.
    Bill Renda
    Creative Landscapes
    Wallingford, Ct.
  2. racer67x

racer67x Junior Member

is it over?

or do you think that I should leave the salt spreader in the back a little longer...lol
  3. dan deutekom

dan deutekom Member

I would leave the equipment on for at least 2 more weeks. Nothing like being caught with your pants down when that last late storm comes.
  4. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

We started to get ready for spring. Got some work to get done. The plows and spreader will remain out and ready to work until April though. Just like I get ready early I wait till I am sure it is over.
  5. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I ain't packing up anything for QUITE a while...

Rain showers and snow showers likely in the evening then snow showers likely after midnight. Snow accumulations 1 to 3 inches. Lows 15 to 21. West winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of rain and snow 70 percent.
    Cloudy. Chance of snow showers. Highs in the mid 20s to lower 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent.
    Monday Night
    Snow showers likely. Moderate snow accumulations. Lows 7 to 14. North winds 5 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent.
    Snow likely. Highs in the lower to mid 20s. North winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.
    Tuesday Night
    Snow likely. Lows 6 to 13. Chance of snow 70 percent.
    Snow likely. Highs in the lower to mid 20s. Chance of snow 70 percent.
    Wednesday Night
    Cloudy. Chance of snow showers. Lows 6 to 13. Chance of snow 50 percent.
  6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Over? Seems like it. However - last year plowed 7 1/2 " on March 21. Year before plowed 9 1/2" on March 30th.
  7. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I can remember years past where it was 60 degrees at 12 pm, but at 1 am it was 25, and snowing to beat the band. It isn't over till the over night lows are above 32. However the pavement temps will warm up sharply this week, resulting in slower snow accumulation.

8. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

funny hoiw weather and terrain fit the local area's. We still have tons of snow on the gorund. Got up to 58 here, about 75 miles north of Wallingford. Although we're very high and I think higher than most of western CT. The roads are loaded with puddles from melt down. I look out from this keyboard and see 11 acres of field still with 5 or so inches, solid.
  9. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

C'mon Tucker, we're talking about us lowlanders. You're way up in the mountains you'll be plowing til July, then spend August getting the equip ready for the Sept snow. I think a bunch of Plowsiters would love to come visit if we knew you were providing oxygen tanks for us. "D
  10. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Today high was 61 degrees. Really a beautiful day. I was out all day cleaning out the shed. It was a big mess but now it is clean and ready for spring.

It does feels like winter is over but I think not. I remember a few years ago in April that it was 70 degrees on one day, and we got a foot of snow the next day. That was a whacky weather. :D

We even got a plowable event in May a few years ago too. That was weird too.
  11. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Funny you should say that Stephen, I was going to jump in and say I don't put the plows away until May to be safe. We've had late storms here where others have had to dig out their equipment and I just hook and book!

I walked down to my stream today with no coat, in the valley it was chilly but in the sun, nice & toasty. The stream sure is running high and muddy, if we get rain there might be flooding in places.

ProSno, glad to hear a little Redneck rubbed off on ya!:drinkup:
  12. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Glad to see I was not the only one doing a little early "spring" cleaning.

Everything is running high here because of the quick melt the last few days. I am nice and high but a few customers are pretty worried.
  13. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

beautiful out today!

washed the trucks, plows, and v-box, and took the plows off. everything is still ready to go, when needed.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2003
  14. kawdude

kawdude Senior Member

I did a little spring cleaning as well but after a little while my scoot was callin so I had to go put a few miles on......

What a beautiful day it was :drinkup:
  15. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Its supposed to be close to 50 all week up here. Thats a heat wave compared to what we have been having. Like Mick said it seems like we always get a late storm in Maine, makes spring seem a little far away!!
  16. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Yes fellas good luck with all the leaves that are gonna be poppin up now in the northeast that were hidden since Thanksgiving. I think i will register on Lawnsite now and ill see u guys over there. And like i said Bill if you need any assistance just gimme a call.

17. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

I hope so, I wan't to go snowmobiling one more time
  18. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Just backed the scoot out of the garage for a couple of days of riding. It's a little muddy on the back roads but the mains are cleaining up fine.

I agree with gordyo though I still have about 6" in the fields with luck and a little late snow we'll get a few more miles on the sled inbetween the sunshine.

I'm sure Howard will provide the Oxygen tanks for you sea level guys who can't cope with the thin air. You'll probably need them if you go out and take a trip to Aspen for the Bikini ski that goes till the slopes close.

I usually don't have to worry about finding my plow if it snow's early or late. I'm one of those crazy guys who hangs his in June and July just to get the THINK SNOW blood flowing again.

19. racer67x

racer67x Junior Member

you never know about erie...

everyone might think you're nuts hanging that plow back on in july but I used to take care of payphones at millcreek mall,those snowpiles are usually still there half the summer,lol
  20. szorno

szorno Senior Member

We had 75 degrees in Denver over the weekend, Yet... we a looking at the mother of all storms (according to TV)for the Denver and front range area. Up to 3 ft in my customer area possible, 16-20" almost assured. I have pics of plowing on Memorial day in '97.
    I never put the plows up until June 10th.
    YeeHaa... Maybe a good winter yet.:p