1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6000lb coil springs available off 06 F-350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Chipper, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Chipper

Chipper Member

Just changed my front 6000 lb coil springs and went up to 7000 lb. They are off my 06 F-350, part number on the spring tag is 5C34-5310-ACB. I would think they will work on most F-250's and F-350's. Being I just paid $162.53 for the new ones I would think $60 for the used ones should be fair??? I'm located near Eau Claire WI, Shipping would be very expensive as they are fairly heavy. So if your in the area PM me and we can get together.

"I" thought because this is a very Ford specific part that I would put it in the Ford truck section instead of the general for sale forum. If this is not allowed I will remove the posting.

2. bdavis

bdavis Member

I am thinking of doing the same thing I have an 06 crew cab f350 diesel. how is te ride quality after the swap? does it raise the front end any on a diesel? Thanks in advance

3. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

Dittos, plus the 2.5 " lift relieves the nose dive position on the diesel

4. fffowler

fffowler Junior Member

Yeah let us know I was thinking of going to the 550 springs myself....get the kidney belt and mouthguard out yet?

5. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I put 6k springs in mine plus air bags and the ride was mostly the same, I do run a 550 sometimes and that is a rougher ride for sure.

6. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I Swapped 5200lb springs from my cc srw f350 since crew cabs didn't come with the plow package and installed the "AA" 7,000lb F- 550 springs. The front end Raised just shy of 2 inches and dosent ride on the bump stops anymore with an 8'6 fisher. The daily drive is still decent too.

7. fffowler

fffowler Junior Member

I plow with a boss 9'2" poly v. Def would like the 550 springs but just am concerned about those long highway trips that ate already bumpy when empty. Is it gonna be a huge difference or should I stop worrying??? Haha

8. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Fffowler..what is your configuration? Diesel ? CC? If you currently have 4800lb or 5200lb front end you might only want to go to 6k springs. But if u have the cc diesel, you will be fine. I was apprehensive about it too. No issues yet.

9. fffowler

fffowler Junior Member

I have a 2006 sc/SB powerstroke. Currently has the plow package so already have the 6000's. It rides just like any of my other 1 tons. Has some bump steer on the rough highways. Just don't want that issue to get much worse

10. Spool it up

Ford definitely gives a bigboy ride compared to chevy

11. Dublin Plow

Dublin Plow Member

Whats the code for the 7000# F550 springs?

Same diesel issue with a 9'6" X-V hanging on the front end, counter balanced by the spreader when it got a load but not always loaded.

12. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I believe.
    AA- 7k springs
    BB- 6.5k springs
    CC- 6k springs

I had the DD springs on my V10. Went to the Diesel springs, 6k. Wish I had gone all the way to the 7k springs. I have front airbags. They help some, but my truck does not sit very high.

13. fffowler

fffowler Junior Member

I currently have the plow package springs which are 6k. Trying to decide whether or not to go 6500 or right to the 7000....how different can they really be?

14. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Go with the 7000lb springs.

15. fffowler

fffowler Junior Member

What's you main reasoning for that gt?

16. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

What his reasoning is ..... Get the 7k springs. That way, you won't have regret later. If you have the 6k's already...the ride really is no different other than being able to better support the plow. And yes get the AA springs.

17. Spool it up

dont ya just hate it when you load 2 ton salt on , and THEN try to hook the blade up :laughing: get the jack out :eek:

18. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I had the 6000 factory and went to the 7000. Wanted less droop with the plow on. The spring is thicker as well as a little taller.