1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

60" moose plow

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Polaris500Sport, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Polaris500Sport

Polaris500Sport Member
    from Alberta

i just recently bought a 60" moose straight blade for my 2006 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI. i had the glacier 52" before but with it angled to the left or right i would be tramping unplowed snow or my windrow. I have 27X10 mudbug tires on all around and am wondering if the 60" will hang over enough full angled??:confused:

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My 60" plow clears the tires great when it's angled on my 2004 Arctic Cat 500 4x4.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  3. spyder666

spyder666 Junior Member
    from NEPA

yeah my 60" clears my foreman 500 fully angled. i would think you'd be fine.

4. Polaris500Sport

Polaris500Sport Member
    from Alberta

Is that with stock tires?

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

They arn't stock but, they are stock size.

6. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

If the tires are on stock rims, the blade should just cover them even when fully angled. If you have aftermarket rims with a wide offset, the blade may be wide enough. Aftermarket rims can add 4" to the width of a quad.

7. atv4wheeler

atv4wheeler Junior Member

I have 2" wheel spacers on mine and my 60" just clears the windrow. I'll bet money you'll be fine. The Moose plows look nice and heavy duty, unlike my Arctic Cat plow setup.

8. Polaris500Sport

Polaris500Sport Member
    from Alberta

I have ITP type C rims without spacers and I'm sure its not that much wider then stock with the offset. Thanks for all the help