1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

60 degree weather

Discussion in 'Weather' started by birddseedd, Dec 1, 2012.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

Tanking my plow off today... i guess winter is over. temp is rising to the 60's next week

:cry:

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

When did winter begin? At my house it's still Fall.

3. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

On my daily driver the Plows Never on untill theres a slight chance of snow...No use driving around with the plow on with gas at $3.50 a gallon and alot less wear and tear....Plows now a days come on and off so easy i dont see driving around with it on....payup

4. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Havent even put the plow on yet this year. I guess I should to make sure it works. Wish it was 60 here.

Have you plowed this year?

5. birddseedd

nop. havnt plowed. got snow once. enough to still see grass.

i put the plow on becuase its older, and a little bit not right. want to be sure its all working well before the snow falls.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Mr Seedd? How many times do you have plowable snow in November on average?

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I think it was more like, "Look everybody, I have a plow!"

8. birddseedd

once in 2011. none in 2010.

ya. i guess your right. maybe i am over reacting. it just feels unseasonably warm. which scares the crap out of me.

9. birddseedd

ya...... my plow isnt exactly the kinda plow you show off...

brasher,,, now hi's plow looks pretty cool. the SS fishers. those are good lookin.

i would akin mine to that 55 year old mildly over weight and quite short woman working at the welding shop. not much to look at, but dang she can weld.

10. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

I bet if you complain more you might get some snow.....

11. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

2 years ago it was 55 on January first. That was in the middle of a record snowfall year. Don't fret on the temp...it'll come. If not there's always next year. Oh wait, that's what they said last year.

12. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

I think everyone just needs to relax, its onlyearly december. Most of us here on the east coast even myself, hav had 2 plowing events in november, thats the first since 2008. Going through early december we kno its going to be mild, what were going to see is step down process, cool down warm again, then maybe around dec 10-15 the weather may change and get cold and snowy, just be patient!!!

13. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

You said it right there.Thumbs Up

14. birddseedd

maybe if i spend more money on my truck itl come....

15. birddseedd

last year i didnt get any plowing in december. but your right, i am a little too anxious.

its still early. and this is michigan afterall. where its literally possible to get sun burnt and frost bit in the same day.

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

So your three year average is one third of a plowable event in November. Remember that for next year.......

17. birddseedd

chuckles. i will

but what scares me the most isnt the fact that it hasnt snowed, its that it is getting warmer. 60 degrees.

does seem like the earth goes threw a cycle like this every 10-20 years.

18. BucklesIX

BucklesIX Member
    from US

Now there is still going to be some storms where 4 foot could land all at once, but the constant 4-6 inch a night drops are becoming rarer, and forget the winters where snow use to lay all winter and their was a lot of work in just re-plowing drifting snow. Now even in the colder winters of late (which is still warm) It melts about as fast as you can plow it? Heck I'm only 30 but I can remember winters where it never got above freezing for month straight? Now we get like one week dry sunny 20-30, the next week rainy 40-50?

19. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Not snowing ,go cut some grass.

20. birddseedd

chuckles. funny