1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6 Wheel Dumps with Salters...Lets see them!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Timbercrk1, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

Lets see some pics of the dumps you guys are running with the salters!!! I may be in the market for one next fall! Thanks:waving:

2. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

Over 300 views....Nobody wants to share pics???:waving:

3. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Maybe nobody has any...:confused:

4. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

5. Timbercrk1

Timbercrk1 Member

Thanks for the post. What kind of salter is that?? Anyone have any big 6 wheel dumps like 26,000 gvw or so???

6. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

I'm not sure this is what your asking for ('cause there not 26K GVW), but here are two of mine.

OK, that's not going to happen because I already posted them on another thread....here's the link:

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=40637

You'll find several that are over the 26K that your looking for.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

took the dump off because i wanted it as small and low as possible, but it's a above 26,001... 6 wheeler

100_0434.JPG

100_0421.JPG

8. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

Its a 8' Henderson SS w/ 10.5 hp briggs, good reliable unit.

9. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

heres one of my gmc 5500 4x4. not sure what the gvw is but it will hold about 8ton of rock or salt

it is a gro-tech salter i bought off of e-bay, gas powered

sorry for posting 2 pic's but i did'nt have a good side shot

the last pic is a kodiak c-65 i think but it is a back-up rig

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  10. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

Don't be sorry for posting more pics! thats a sweet rig I'm sure I speak for most of the guys here the more pics of that beast the better.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  11. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

Here's our mag/ salt truck.

100_1669.JPG

12. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

DEC2006-OCT2007 035.jpg

13. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Only pic I have right now, has a tailgate type auger spreader.

These can hold up to 6yards of salt. You just load it with salt and tilt the box and it will fall in the auger which drops it onto the spreader below.

They can throw probably 20-30 feet and its all controlled in the cab with electronics not hydraulics.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  14. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

one for now

heres one from the window for now... will go out later for more

002.jpg

002.jpg

15. Lil' Danny

Lil' Danny Member

mike33087 , it must be fun to load that thing !What are your opinions on the spreader ? I don't see many Poly Caster's around.

16. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

its not too bad to load, i just get out and direct the loader to where its gotta go. i love that spreader just wish they made them bigger, no problems runs great, good on fuel too LOL....

17. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

mike, have you run into any issues with not having enough power in the 5.4L on the dump?

18. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Mike, My buddy has a Poly caster on his F-350 pickup too. I assume your using that truck for parking lots right? What do use to load the spreader? Do you still have the tail gate spreader for the Chevy?

19. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

GVWR is 26000 lbs on a 5500. I think you are alittle overweight with 8 ton in her.

20. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

nah

the only time you can really feel it working hard is when its loaded up and going up a hill otherwise its not too bad, no complaints

TLC

Yea i use it for mostly parking lots and a couple really long drive ways. The place where i get my salt / sand has 2 or 3 Cat loaders, i still have the tailgate spreader looking to get rid of it cause i dont really need it