1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6 more commercial calls today.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PremierLand, Oct 20, 2004.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

well today i got 6 more calls for commercial accounts, well one call, but the owner has 6 different buildings.

anyhow, now im getting scared how im going to manage this and school, i guess maybe i wont even plow just have my guy plow with my truck and plow for $10 an hour.

looks like im getting insurance tommarow instead of 2weeks. hehe...

anyhow, wish me luck on the proposals im giving them tommarow.

also, i should know later tonight about the contract with the condo buildings (if i got it or not).

wish me luck fellas.

im excited, but also scared incase this is to much for my first year plowing
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

One important rule to life: Don't bite off more than you can chew. :nono:
  3. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

what guy???????

Radio GaGa
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

This sounds like a ton of work. I wish you the best of luck, you might be buying a truck for your guy to plow with you. Just for your info, not trying to be a jerk this is how to spell TOMORROW(just the dad in me coming out, trying to help)
  5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Good luck. Let your insurance co know you'll be having an employee driving your truck. You might also have to pay Workman's Comp. Get your ins and WC cost quotes BEFORE you submit the bid so you can factor in those costs.
  6. PremierLand

from detroit

thanks for the tips fellas. also, the insurance for 300k liability is $60 a month. ive been told to beef it up to a mil for snow. so thats what ill be on the phone about tommarow :)

also, im just scared this truck breaks. it has 126k miles on her, but a new tranny :)
  7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Look into a million for liability. I was surprised. I had $300,000 and thought I was stretching it for a half million. The agent just wrote it for the million; cost around $60 a year more.
  8. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

where at in michigan are you premier.
  9. PremierLand

from detroit

scs, grosse pointe, clinton twp. that area.
  10. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

In my opinion your getting in way over your head right now. I mean I remember when i was getting calls for big jobs, but i realized i don't have the capablity. Right now with your shaky truck status Id wait or buy another more heavy duty rig. Sorry but from reading your other posts you don't seem ready for all this work, might wanna rethink. Good Luck.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004