1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6 cylinder

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by JKuch, Sep 28, 2009.

1. JKuch

JKuch Junior Member

Have a chance to buy a 2003 ford f-150 6 cylinder. Truck has 43000 miles on it. The truck was a family friend for years who died in a logging accident. His family really wants to keep it in the family. They consider us family. This would be a second truck for us to plow with. If I put a 7-6 plow on it would it be okay. We plow at two inches. The guy we buy our plows from said it would be a great truck because were pushing at two inches. What do you guys think?

2. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

I have a 69 F350 dually with a straight 300 6 cylinder with a 4 speed and I use 2nd most of the time . 1st when it really pilles up. Those 300 with the single barrel carb are real good on gas . I do 6 fair sized lots and use about 20 $ in gas and make about 400 $ back . Changing my prices this year and getting another truck too !!!! Sounds as if it would do great with a little counter weight !