1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6 clear vertex in a DIY loom...for the video hounds

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Dissociative, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

just showing you guys how easy it can be to set up a 6 head vertex strobe system for your truck..

i know some of you guys enjoy seeing the cool work i sometimes do...

feel free to ask any questions....hopefully this inspires some of you to tackle the install yourself and "get your strobe on"

be safe out there.....get yourself some lights if you don't have em already...

http://www.youtube.com/user/DissociativeVideos#p/u/13/GTi4lyDhZcs

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

nice looking vid George. To sync them you just hook the white wires together right?

3. Dissociative

green actually on a vertex....white is pattern...

i was playing around with the annotations thing on you tube.....its hacked up but better than my monotone azz talking through the whole thing i guess...LOL

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Okay, so say i wanted to X them. I would connect the green wire on the light head on the top left and the green on the bottom right and vise versa? Also each light has to be on the same pattern too.

5. Dissociative

no...actually you will be connecting all 4 green wires together and then advancing 2 of the light heads to "phase 2" of whatever pattern you desire....that way it will alternate with the other 2 lights in "phase 1" of that pattern...and depending on your orientation on the truck will do your X or top to bottom...or even 2 left and 2 right....

if you want the rear 4 synced with the front then you must use a 3 condustor wire to join the
    1-power
    2-ground
    3-sync
    from the rear harness to the front harness....that way the rear 2 in phase 1 will flash at the same time as the fronts that are also on same pattern phase 1 and so on....

always leave your white wire hanging out of the loom in case you want to change patterns later.......i have not had any luck getting Vertex to flip patterns on the fly and stay in sync....but NOVA however seem to do it fine....i usually set vertex and forget it....

flipping patterns on the fly in LED is much trickier than the strobes because you have many different "brains" controlling the flash patterns not the one central "brain" of a strobe system...they seem so get out of sync easily....i have not had much luck with vertex...

BUT nova does pattern flipping really nice.....ask Reaper about his 4 novas we did with the pattern flip....its BEAUTIFUL...and about 1000% nicer than any vertex i have ever seen.
    Nova1100

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  6. Dissociative

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Okay. Makes sence. I'd need to see a diagram or something visual ya know to understand it more.

8. Dissociative

Phase 1 (PH.1) flashes with PH.1 simultaneously
    Phase 2 (PH.2) flashes with PH.2 simultaneously

however Phase 1 will alternate with Phase 2 ALWAYS.....1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2........

Here are your syncable PH1 PH2 pattern choices to make your lights "wig wag"

SignalAlert™75 PH.1
    SignalAlert 75 PH.2
    CometFlash®75 PH.1
    CometFlash 75 PH.2
    DoubleFlash 75 PH.1
    DoubleFlash 75 PH.2
    SingleFlash 75 PH.1
    SingleFlash 75 PH.2
    ComAlert™ PH.1
    ComAlert PH.2
    LongBurst™ PH.1
    LongBurst PH.2
    PingPong™ PH.1
    PingPong PH.2

THESE PATTERNS have no PH1 or PH2.....which means all light heads set to these patterns will ALL flash exactly the same way
    These are still SYNCABLE....meaning you can have 20 lights all flashing at the exact same time

SingleFlash 60
    SingleFlash 90
    SingleFlash 120
    SingleFlash 300
    DoubleFlash 150
    ComAlert 150
    ActionFlash™1
    ActionFlash 2
    ModuFlash™
    ™ActionScan .
    Steady
    PH.1 with PH.2

read page 2 of this....its the easiest i found and keep a few copies in tool box as it is easier to read than the darn plastic whelen bags..LOL

http://www.whelen.com/install/142/14251.pdf

Now....once you wrap your head around this lets get into the LEDS that have like 50patterns and 4 phases to chose from...like a sound off ghost when you split the light head side by side....that my friend gets fun when you mount 6 in a rear window and need to make them all dance together the right way if they happen to be SPLIT COLOR too...

or....how about the 6 led vertex look alike that is a TRI COLOR....2 red.2 blue.2 white....get 4 of those all patched up the way you want on the front of a Tahoe..LOL

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  9. Dissociative

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Okay, so next question how do I tell if I am on the phase 1 or 2? I am looking at the sound off universal led hide a aways for my truck. Also looking at the sound off LED3s for the grille. 4 lights each.

11. Dissociative

the patterns all advance in order one at a time....find your steady burn and count each time you advance a pattern.....always set patts on a bench with a battery...and to confirm your correct just temp wire all the lights together and make sure they flash the way you want...

believe me....it sometimes sucks...

12. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Alright, I'll have to play with them once I get them.

13. Dissociative

tis the season for you all to be doing your lights......here's some videos for ya.