1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.9 minute mount setup?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Gocartnut95, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Gocartnut95

Gocartnut95 Junior Member

Hey everyone. So I'm new the the new minute mount setups and I'm in the process of putting a 2001 6'9" on my 98 s10. But the only problem I'm having is I don't have the control module for the wiring harness. Do I even need it? Because I'm running a completely separate lighting system that's not gonna use any of the fisher harness. So is there a ways to make the plow harness somewhat like a stand alone harness just so I can make the plow go up and down? I'm pretty good at wiring so pretty much anything you can suggest I can do. And how do I know what controls module I even need?...

Thanks, Ryan

2. Gocartnut95

No one has anything? its snowing right now and im getting 6" but this is the only thing thats stopping me.....

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

You need the module for everything to work....and if your not using the plow lights, I'm pretty sure you can just skip the light harness

4. Gocartnut95

My buddy with a 98 silverado told me I can borrow his to test it so I guess I'll see how this goes...

5. Gocartnut95

I could t get at it so I didn't try... So there's no way to make this work at all? How do I even know what one I need? I don't need to use the headlights so can I just use anyone I want?

6. Gocartnut95

I figured out a way to make it work without the isolation module.