1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.9 LD or 6.5 HS

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Stik208, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I am looking to put a plow on my 2004 Ranger its an FX4 level 1. I am looking for on of the 2 above plows, I have ecountered a problem though. This problem is fisher doesnt make plates for a Ford Ranger. I have some paperwork on the fisher website that has plates listed for a 91-94 and 94-96 Ranger. I am not sure if they would fit since I dont know if the frame on the Ranger has changed much in the past years. The main Fisher dealer down here says they can fabricate a set for a days labor around $600 on top of mounting and electrical. Would it be worth it to even get another plow just to push back my driveway and the in laws when needed. I already plow for a company in their trucks, since I gave up my business about 2 years ago. I would like to go the used route being its cheaper and the plow would be used little. Any thoughts?

2. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Save your money and aggrivation. Use the company's plow trucks (ask first) to push your and your inlaws snow back. Not worth the $$$ for that.

3. Stik208

I also was thinking (hence the smell of smoke) I could always get a plow that will go on it but that would be intelligent and what kind of fun would that be.

4. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

If by HS you mean homesteader I'm pretty sure there are plates for the new 98+ rangers. You are correct, no LD plates though. Maybe try snowdogg, blizzard, or curtis if you want a more "real" plow for the ranger.

5. Stik208

Anyone happen to know the weight on the HS series? Also the one Im looking at came off of a 97 Ranger do you believe everything would be interchangeable. I am not 100% sure if the frames have changed in the time between 1997-2004. Heres a few pics....
    On an 01 I found....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HS series for those wondering...
    [​IMG]
    The one Im looking at....
    [​IMG]

6. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

Frames changed from 97 to 98 along with going to IFS (torsion bar) as oppose to TTB. The pushplates will be different. I've never heard of that HS but I don't claim to be a fisher expert. Looks alot like an LD, which they are now (09) calling the SD.

7. Stik208

I went up to look at it and try the frame plates, and they dont fit so I guess my quest is over for a MM.

8. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

The yellow truck has the plates you need. I think they're kinda rare but they apparently do exist. My father in law has a MM (LD 6-9") on a 95 explorer which is the same front end as the 98+ ranger. I would have guessed that they were a nice custom job but the pictures of the yellow ranger tell me that at some point fisher did make MM plates for those IFS fords.