1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.7 questions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by OhioPlower, Apr 22, 2011.

1. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Ive been looking at some new F550 6.7 diesels. My 2 questions are on the XL models where are the hour meter and high idle? I know XLT and higher models have it.

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

in the menu function of the computer.

3. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I tried that and it only shows trip a and b, mpg's and distance to empty on the XL models

4. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Bummer looks like ford goofed that one up

5. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

yea its 2011 they should have that stuff on ALL diesels

6. tjctransport

did you read the owners manual? the 550 and 350 we have in work both have it.

7. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I dont have a 2011 yet, ill get my hands on one when im at the dealer again, thanks for the help

8. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

we have three XLT models and the comp is great, for the extra money, I really recommend the XLT vs. the XL.

9. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

thats a few thousand more though haha

10. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

are you buying outright or financing?

11. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

they got 0% for 36 months so I might go that route

12. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

The one im looking at has everything a XLT has minus the carpet, chrome grill, and apparently high idle and a hourmeter ha

13. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

hooking up the high idle is very easy. splice a wire into the provided blunt end pto wire under the dash and your good to go. took less than 20min on my 09. I used my aux switch #1, i press the parking brake slightly then flip the switch. reason they dont provide it and let the upfitters do it is cause of the emissions compliance from factory.

and on my 09, i press the info button twice and it goes through a systems check that displays my engine hrs., air filter status, charging system, and a bunch of other stuff...

14. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Hello, I just bought yesterday a Loaded 2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Crew cab short bed. It does have an hour meter, I was stumbling around on the in dash screen and I think it was under somewhere that said information. But it does have it. I dont think I have a high idel switch, have not seen one anyway. Love the truck, not plannng on plowing with it, its just to nice, LOL Has every option available I think (except high idel switch LOL) My first Ford truck This thing is QUIET!!!!

15. tjctransport

just wait till you put that beast to work!!
    i took the 550 out the other day with 5 ton of asphalt in the body, and a 272 cat skidder on the trailer, and it did not even know it was loaded.