1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

6.7 Cummins Ehaust Brake

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Fourbycb, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

I have a 2007 Ram 3500 with the cummins 6.7 L 6 speed Manual transmission and have a factory engine exhaust brake system. I have had the truck into the dealer several times for the same problem steaming around the ehaust brake system. This last time in the dealer they informed me that I am supposed to leave the switch for the exhaust brake system on all the time during idling, and while driving even in city or highway travels even if not pulling a trailer, Has anyone else had troubles like this
  2. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

What does the owners manual say ?
    Try the cummins forumn if that does not help.
  3. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

both manuals for the truck and engine dont say anything about the switch being left on
  4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I have the 6spd AT , but I was told by the dealer's service tech that I should turn the brake on when warming the truck up in cold weather, and I should also turn it on frequently when doing short commutes. The tech also said this saves the turbo from carboning up and extends the life of the turbo.
  5. JLL25

JLL25 Member
    from Chatham

Hell I have mine on pretty much always cause I just like the sound, I have an '08